As Sara states, "The Palmyra Post Office has been added to the Register of Historic Kansas Places. Built in 1857, it is the only remaining building from Palmyra, a town once located on the Santa Fe Trail in what is now the area just north of Highway 56 between Wesley and Washington Streets. The building was moved several times over the years to save it from destruction. It now sits next to Baker University’s Old Castle Museum near the corner of 5th and Fremont.
The post office is one of only ten wood frame structures known to still be standing from the Santa Fe Trail era. It is now believed to be the oldest such building in the state of Kansas." ... See MoreSee Less