The Baldwin Chamber of Commerce is committed to servicing our members and our community. To that end, our goal is to facilitate a connection for growth. As positions become available, we will post them to this page.
Rice Precision Manufacturing
401 E. High St., Baldwin City, KS 66006
Title: CNC Machinist Trainee
Assist skilled CNC Machinist with the operation and maintenance of any given machine tool. Prepare raw material for machining by means of sawing or deburr. Complete dimensional and visual inspections of parts being produced. Complete documentation as per processing requires.
MCFARLANE AVIATION, INC.
696 E 1700 RD,Baldwin City, KS 66006
Title: Accounting Associate
How You Will Make an Impact
Perform entry, receipt, and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and Payroll. Assist with credits and debits. Recognize, research and problem solve errors and issues. Monthly, quarterly, yearly tasks. Process credit applications. Ensure financial reporting integrity. Document protection; auditing, scanning, filing and organization. Assist with strategic planning such as budgets, project and profitability. Perform various projects as they occur and as time permits
When You Will Work
Monday through Friday, full-time position with flexible shift hours. Normal work week is 40 hours.
Who You Report To
HR Director/Treasurer/Controller and yourself! We are all accountable for self regulation and improvement. No direct reports. Coordinates and communicates with Team Lead.
What You Will Do:
- Assist all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions Process payroll accurately
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail and comprehension of the interconnection of the company functions
- Confidential records maintenance
- Communicate with customers and vendors on accounts
- Communicate with other company departments to follow through with paperwork issues
- Process Credit Applications
- Credit Card matching, coding and invoice entry
- Process returns, credits and debits
- Assist in the department strategic planning and goal settingAssist in systems controls for process improvements and to ensure data integrity Assist in budgeting and auditing processes
- Bank reporting, cash deposits
- Follow policies and procedures in the McFarlane Employee Manual, Quality Assurance Manual, Safety Manual, and Accounting Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
How Will You Get There?
- Willingness to take on new skills Have Discretion
- Consistently work to improve skills, abilities and processes.
- Bookkeeping experience
- High regard for business ethics
- Understanding of basic accounting tax regulations
In this position you must be able to sit and/or stand, Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance
Clean and climate controlled office, Adjustable sit/stand desktop available, Safe and casual work environment.
We work with, listen to and respect all co-workers and customers; this is how we learn
Bachelors Degree in Business Accounting/Finance/Audit or equivalent preferred but not required
Years of Experience
5+ years preferred but not required
Additional skills that are helpful but not required:
- Sage 100 Accounting Software experience
- Forecasting and project analysis experience
- Payroll Processing
- Online Bank Cash Management experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.